Alisa’s Top 10 (
Scroll down to see Scott & Eva’s Top 10)
As we continue our more or less alphabetical culinary tour du monde we will be updating our list of favorite dishes. If you have made any of these, we would love to hear your thoughts too on the dishes.
1. IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time.
2. THE GAMBIA- Fish Yassa (Yassa Poisson)
3. BANGLADESH – Chicken Masala Bhuna, Bengali Butter Rice & Payesh
4. BRAZIL – Moqueca Baiani
5. DOMINICA – Calypso Chicken
6. COMOROS – Poulet au Coco (Coconut Chicken)
7. MOROCCO – Lamb Bastilla
8. VIETNAM – Fish with Tumeric, Ginger, Garlic and Rice noodles (we had a ton of fresh ginger and had to find some good recipes to use it up so skipped to Vietnam)
9. MEXICO Rajas con papas (potatoes with cream and poblano peppers), Filetes de pescado al mojo de ajo & Calabacitas
FRANCE: Pistou – who would have ever imagined that I would have a vegetarian / vegan / GF dish in my top 10! But yes, I love Pistou.
Scott’s Top 10
1. IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time. This is on Alisa & Eva’s Top 10 as well.
2. DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (DRC) – Street food – BBQ chicken & veggies
3. FRANCE – Pistou – French vegetable soup
4. THE GAMBIA – Fish Yassa (Yassa Poisson)
5. GRENADA – Brown Down (Grenadian Chicken & Dumplings)
6. EAST TIMOR – Batar Da’an (This bean, corn and squash dish is GF & Vegan)
7. IRAN – Fesenjan II (Persian Chicken in Pomegranate, Walnut & Prune Sauce)
8. BELGIUM – Salade aux Endives, Noix et Pommes, Stoemp, Escalopes a la Rodenbach, Dame Blanche
9. COLOMBIA – Sudado De Pollo – Chicken and Potato Stew
10. COSTA RICA – Tilapia with a side of rice, oranges, beans and tomatoes
11. BENIN – Poisson au gingembre (Fish with Ginger) Eva’s Top 10
1. MOROCCO – Lamb Bastilla
2. IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time. This is on Alisa & Scott’s Top 10 as well.
3. CROATIA – Cevapi
4. DJIBOUTI – Skoudehkaris (Djboutian Spiced Lamb & tomatoes)
5. CHILE – Pastel de Choclo (Chilean version of Shepherd’s pie)
6. ETHIOPIA – Doro Wat,
7. GERMANY – Frikadellen (German Hamburgers) & German Swabian Potato Salad