Alisa’s Top 10 (
Scroll down to see Scott & Eva’s Top 10)
As we continue our more or less alphabetical culinary tour du monde we will be updating our list of favorite dishes. If you have made any of these, we would love to hear your thoughts too on the dishes.
1. IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time.
2. FIJI – Fijian Chicken Curry
3. DOMINICA – Calypso Chicken
5. BANGLADESH – Chicken Masala Bhuna, Bengali Butter Rice & Payesh
6. BRAZIL – Moqueca Baiani
7. COMOROS – Poulet au Coco (Coconut Chicken)
8. MOROCCO – Lamb Bastilla
9. VIETNAM – Fish with Tumeric, Ginger, Garlic and Rice noodles (we had a ton of fresh ginger and had to find some good recipes to use it up so skipped to Vietnam)
10. MEXICO Rajas con papas (potatoes with cream and poblano peppers), Filetes de pescado al mojo de ajo & Calabacitas
11. FRANCE – Recette de Succès Praliné, Paris-Brest Basically I made the creme pralinee which I have always dremed of making. I had some extra left, and had to find another dish to use it up. Scott’s Top 10
IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time. This is on Alisa & Eva’s Top 10 as well.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (DRC) – Street food – BBQ chicken & veggies
GRENADA – Brown Down (Grenadian Chicken & Dumplings)
EAST TIMOR – Batar Da’an (This bean, corn and squash dish is GF & Vegan)
BELGIUM – Salade aux Endives, Noix et Pommes, Stoemp, Escalopes a la Rodenbach, Dame Blanche
COLOMBIA – Sudado De Pollo – Chicken and Potato Stew
COSTA RICA – Tilapia with a side of rice, oranges, beans and tomatoes
BENIN – Poisson au gingembre (Fish with Ginger) Eva’s Top 10
MOROCCO – Lamb Bastilla
IRAN: Koofteh Tabrizi Persian meatballs – in our house we call them Dinasour Eggs. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time. This is on Alisa & Scott’s Top 10 as well.
CROATIA – Cevapi
DJIBOUTI – Skoudehkaris (Djboutian Spiced Lamb & tomatoes)
CHILE – Pastel de Choclo (Chilean version of Shepherd’s pie)
ETHIOPIA – Doro Wat,